Sunday, August 18, 2013

More Woodwork

Finished building the door and continued with interior woodwork this past week.




Here is the door placed to check the fit.





















After one coat of Golden Mahogany stain.  Only left it on for about 5 minutes or less.  I did not want it to be too dark.




















After one coat of thinned varnish and a second coat of full strength varnish.

The pieces below are the existing hand rails and vee that were on the cabin roof.  I am happy with the match between the mahogany and teak.

























The other sided of the door shown with the RV window.  It has a slider with a screen.  The window looks a little skewed, but I just dropped it in for the picture.




This is the shelf on the starboard side. I added the pieces of wood shown to create a void for my electrical chase.






This is what it will look like when it is covered with a piece of teak veneer plywood.
















Same thing on the port side.  Will finish the side off with some teak molding.













Hmm. what kind of junk will accumulate here?













This next week I will likely just add more coats of varnish to the door and other pieces of teak.   I need to focus.  I seem to keep jumping from one thing to another.



No comments:

Post a Comment