I finally got around to posting some pictures of my recently completed vanity in the head. These pictures probably span about a 4 month period. A project that I basically fit in when I could.
I started off with fiber-glassing in a backing block for the foot pump.
This jug catches grey water to be used to flush the toilet periodically. The overflow goes out of the thru-hull that is locate behind the jug. The hose coming from below is from the sump pump. I drew arrows on the hoses to help understand.
A different angle.
Full view of vanity prior to adding front.
This is a template I used prior to transferring to teak veneer plywood.
After the plywood was cut into doors and varnished.
I decided to tint my windows and add curtains. I was going to do the tint myself, but decided to hire a professional. The curtains I decided to make!
For reference, this is before tinting the windows.
This is after. Looks updated!
This is during installation. You can see the difference as he is working on the last pane.
Here are the curtains installed.
It was tricky trying to figure out how to mount these. I wanted to mount the "tracks" to the frame since the fiberglass is not that thick.
For the top, I used a standard curtain track screwed into the window frame.
For the bottom, I fabricated a piece of flat aluminum bar and attached on either end of the frame. The bottom of the curtain has to float, because the curtains are not parallel.
This is the backside of the curtain and shows the top slides and how the bottom of the curtain is attached to the lower aluminum bar.
Experimenting with my fish eye lens for my iphone.
Today I added to faucets. The one on the left is for fresh water and is operated by a foot pump that is barely visible below. That one is operational. The faucet on the right is for seawater and will be operated by a Shurflo pump since there is no need to ration. Still need to hook up the pump and connect to the thru hull valve that is just forward in the locker. I am planning on tee-ing the feed off to provide for a washdown hose for the deck.
I finally cleared out the starboard aft berth and added bedding.
My next major project is to put the vanity in the head and connect the water there as well.
Today was the 3rd weekend in a row that my outboards have started and stayed that way! I think that is behind me and looking forward to getting out more often. In the last few weeks I have been tending to some minor stuff.
Last week I went up the mast to retrieve the masthead wind transducer and the anchor light. I was not getting any readings on the wind display. After testing the voltage drops, I was about to send the transducer and display in for repair, but I decided to try and rewire and calibrate. It worked! Saved a bunch of money and now it is working. Next step is to network the displays with the newer i70 autohelm and E80 chartplotter, which I believe are NMEA 0183, NG, and Seatalk respectively.
I bought the teak binoculars holder used and mounted it below the magazine rack as shown.
Now that the wind tranducer is working, I can close up this box. I decided to add a new cabin light under neath.
After having the outboards gone through by the marine mechanic, and re-installing them, I was still having issues. I finally decided to scrap fuel tank and hoses. Today I replaced the 24 gallon tank with a 6 gallon tank and new hoses.
This is what I found when I started draining the 10 micron fuel filter. It didn't look like this when the filter was full. I don't know if this is fuel water separation of phase separation. You can also see some "crud" in the lower right corner. I would have thought that the 10 micron filter coupled with the outboard filter would "catch" all of the solids. When I would open my carb, I usually found a congealed substance. I think the fuel has been my issue all along. Time will tell!