Sunday, July 28, 2013

Back from Vacation..Back to Work!

Took my girls to visit my family in Louisiana week before last. Trying to ease back into boat mode!



Able to enjoy some time on the bayous of Louisiana!














The major work left is interior and rigging.  Decided I needed to close up the boat before I start the interior work.  Here is the new port and old round port installed.



















New hatches installed.  This is where I planned on putting the batteries, but with all of the weight I have already added in the stern area, I am considering locating them either in the lazarette below the the helm or inside the cabin.  Stay tuned.









Installed the new ports on the interior of the hull as well.
















Before installing the ports on the exterior of the hulls, I decided to lay out the gold stripe.













Happy with the outcome.


















Remember stripe will depict an arrow to go with the Iroquois theme.  Here is arrow head forward.

Also installed navigation lights as shown.











And "feathers" or arrow fletching aft.















Decided to enclose this area to hide the back of helm area.  This shot shows the bottom frame added.
























Finished the rest of the frame and added a teak veneer plywood with a cut out for the door.
















With door added.





















This is with door closed.  I used hidden hinges to give it a clean look.  I will likely add some molding to clean up the look and hide some of the rough edges.  My plan is to install the electrical panel in the door, so I can easily access the back of the panel.  It is big enough that I will likely install other items such as battery and LPG monitors, etc.







Trying to decide what to do next.   My "Plan" has slipped just a bit.  At the top of the list is to varnish the molding that will hold the liner in place.  I want to add more liner where the original windows are, using the window frames to hold them in place.  This is the last step in order to waterproof the cabin.  Well except for the door!




No comments:

Post a Comment