Sunday, April 21, 2013

Interlux Perfection is Kicking my....

I am not getting good results with Interlux Perfection.  I am using a pretty decent brush (Corona, but not badger hair) with mixed results, none of which are stellar.  I have read were some have had good success with just rolling and no tipping.  This is done with a very thin coat and a high density foam roller, which is what I have been using.  One thing I have not been doing is wiping down the surface with a solvent and I have also been applying in direct sunlight.  My next go round, I am going to do that differently and see what happens.  I really need to perfect this before I move on to the topsides!

Here is a picture of my 2 port holes that I removed to clean up and in preparation for painting.






I wish I had taken a "before" picture.  This is the side that was protected from the elements, but they definitely needed a good cleaning.









This is what I used to clean them up.  I think the port holes are actually chrome plated and not stainless, but this did the job.














Unfortunately, these are the outside part of the frames that were exposed to the elements and could not be revived.

I will look into the cost to chrome plate them.











While I was at it, I decided to clean up the stanchions. This picture is with the cleaner on.



















Here is the steering wheel I just bought on ebay.  I decided to take it apart and clean as well.  The teak accents will get varnish when I get around to that part of the job.







No comments:

Post a Comment