Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DC and AC

Continued with the DC re-wire and also started on the AC.  Then jumped to re-lining the walls and ceiling.


Installed the door and battery switch.  The hidden hinges are a bear to install.















The door will give me easy access to the back of the switch if needed.
















I also added a third door to the new electrical "cabinet".  I hope to install a charger/inverter there, but it may be tight.  If not, I will put it in the existing lazerette below the nav. table.



























I am pretty pleased with the way this new cabinet came out.
































Yesterday, I added the 120 V Shore power connection and ran the romex wire to the port and starboard hulls.  I will install the outlets and run the rest of the circuit later.











The back side of the shore power connection is that white protective cover in the lower left.

I also added the 120 V breaker shown in the upper right.  I will secure it better later.  I will not put it on the door like the DC panel.  Since it is a breaker switch, I will only access it if the breaker kicks off.  I actually cut it from a scavenged Catalina electrical panel, so It is not the prettiest thing to look at.

I also cleaned up the negative bus bar by adding a smaller buss bar for the smaller ground wires leading to the starboard side.  The VHF, radar, and navigation electronics ground will lead to the port side.

It is really a terminal strip with a common bar on the starboard side.  The top ground wire is connected to the larger bus bar.







This is a similar photo previously posted.  I have now added the 10 Ga wire that will feed the VHF, Radar, and navigation electronics.  The wire is lead above and along the door opening and will tie into a positive bus bar for those electronics.

I also lowered the positive feed from the battery to visually separate it from the other wires.

The only thing left to do is zip tie this all up.














Today, I started replacing the wall liner.  I completed the liner around the 2 forward windows.  I made a mistake on the starboard side and had to start it all over, wasting a lot of material, since I lay the whole panel out and then cut out the window.  Tomorrow, I will assess whether I have enough material to finish the port and starboard sides.












Also, started installing the ceiling treatment.  It is PVC beadboard that comes in 6 inch wide tongue and groove.  I finished the starboard half of the ceiling this afternoon. and should be able to complete the other side in the morning.  I will need to cut out the two hatches.

Then it is on to trimming it all up with teak molding.

A cabin light with red and white light will go where the wires are dangling.




No comments:

Post a Comment