Sunday, May 18, 2014

Outboards Now Working (Keep Fingers Crossed)

Last week, I removed the carb from the port outboard and cleaned it again.  This time I was able to do a better job with the jet that was hidden below the plastic cap.  Outboard started right up.  On Friday, I took the boat out around the marina and filled up with gasoline.  Both outboards ran effortlessly so now I am feeling more confident.  I practiced getting in an out of the slip and even performing pirouettes by putting one throttle in forward and the other in reverse.

Still adjusting the hoses in the head.  I have a very small leak that I need to solve.

Meeting lots of nice people in the marina, without fail, everyone who has passed by the boat has complimented "Got Twins?".  Makes it worth the 2-year project!


On Saturday, I went up the mast to release my spinnaker halyard that was stuck since the day the mast was stepped.  I also put the Davis wind indicator back, that was removed when the mast was stepped.

The trip up the mast was done solo using my Top Climber.  I used a tether to wrap around the mast as some sort of safety feature.






Here is the view of the marina from the top of the mast.















On Saturday I also flew 3 of the jibs that came with the boat.  The first is a No. 1 jib that only reaches 75% of the way up the forestay.  The other 2 are genoas, one perhaps original and the other is made of mylar, which is not very friendly when trying to stow.  In the near future I will be installing a Pro Furler and I don't think any of the 3 will be useable.  Still trying to tweak the self tacking jib rigging.


No comments:

Post a Comment