Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rigging Tweaking

Spent most of yesterday, trying to get my port outboard to run properly.  I cleaned the carb, which gave some positive results, but I am still not happy with its performance.  I will continue to fiddle around with it before I call in a professional.  Took care of a few rigging matters as well.


I installed 2 stanchion fairleads (left side of picture) to keep the side board line tidy and off the deck.

















Playing around with the main sheet purchase and leading it forward.
















Here is the forward boom location showing the main sheet and other rigging.  The topping lift (black) and the main halyard (blue flakes) need to be switched at the exit plates.  It works okay so it is a low priority project.  I just don't care for the criss cross.


















The main sail is about 6" too long. So I took it home and cut the top off.  I then sandwiched the sail between 2 pieces of poly carbonate and temporarily glued it with some gorilla glue.  I will place some aluminum rivets around the perimeter and then drill a hole for the halyard and another for the sail slug.









I decided to document the water line location.  The storage locker has a couple of things in it, but not too heavy.  Right now both the rudder box and raised rudder are submerged just under an inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment