Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fairing and More Fairing

This is the part of the restoration that I have dreaded.  Since the last post, I have been fairing and sanding the fiberglass that was not "form"-able.  I am getting close, maybe one more day and then I think it will be good enough for my primer.  I am eventually going to go with Interlux Epoxy Primekote.


Most of the pictures were taken today after various stages of fairing and sanding.  This one was taken a few days ago.














I will let the pictures speak for themselves!


































































This has been done for quite a while.  I really think the prime coat will help me see the defects better for the final fairing.














I placed a few layers of fabric and mat and closed up 2 thru hull holes from the bathroom.  I think one was for a manual bilge pump and the other, I don't recall.  I will be replacing the manual bilge with an automatic pump, but the thru hull will be placed on the inner side of the hull.















The factory did a poor job of joining the lengthened hull.  I am going to attempt to hide it, because it will likely show up like a sore thumb with my Navy Blue color scheme.



















and one final coat on the slot reinforcement area.
















No comments:

Post a Comment