Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Steering Mechanism - Part 2

I was off yesterday (MLK) and this Friday is my flex friday, so I decided to take the next 3 days off and work on the boat since rain is forecast for the weekend.  Made some more progress on the steering mechanism.




Here is the temporary steering arm attached to the rudder casing.  Notice the tiller has been chopped off.  No more deck sweeper.  I will likely fabricate something so that I can attach an aluminum pole as an emergency tiller.




















Steering arm poking through the slot.






















Next three shot of different position.  The part holding the teleflex cable came with the boat.  The arm connecting the cable to the steering arm was purchased at Minneys for $10.


LEFT












MIDDLE















RIGHT

It works!   Now to do the other side and buy some stainless steel angle iron to fabricate the real thing.  Not going to buy the square tube.  Too much cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment