Sunday, June 2, 2013

Deck Painting Winding Down

I feel good about this last week, but it reminds me how slowly things can go.  I completed my 2nd coat of paint on the entire deck including all of the hatches.  I will likely do one more coat on most of the deck and above.  Then it is on to the topsides.  I even did a light sanding of the exterior portion of the hulls yesterday.


In my previous post, I had a couple of pictures of the aluminum frames after being painted.  I then moved on to applying a bead of Dow 795 silicon sealant around the windows.  This is the shot after taping off the area to achieve a nice 45 degree beveled edge on the sealant.

All this taping takes considerable amount of time, but the results are worth it.





Below is a picture of the finished product.  





Today was a short day, so I decided to start on the helm station.  It is always a trying time, making holes anywhere on a boat, but especially after all of the time I put into this helm station.

The tape is to protect the surrounding area from the marks jigsaws to tend to leave behind.

Here goes!










Cut made, and Morse control is hooked up to the outboard control cables.  All seems to function property.  More instruments and gauges later.

















That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment