Saturday, June 29, 2013

Work the Plan

Trying to stick to my Work Plan.  So far, I am on track (mostly).  This week during the evenings, I made good progress on painting the inside. Mostly the fiberglass that I am not sure if I will be covering with headliner and areas I am likely to run electrical wiring. I want to add another coat, so I will likely do that week day evenings next week. That's the "mostly" part!  



Yesterday was a short day, but I was able to bolt the 4 stanchions back on and tape the boat in preparation for the non-skid.

This morning, I added the 3rd coat of Interlux to the boot stripe. I still have a couple of areas that the fiberglass repairs are showing through. I should have used some primer prior to painting.







Here is a shot of the cockpit area after the non-skid was applied.  For future reference, I used 1-quart of Interlux Perfection, 1-quart of Flattening Agent, and 8 oz of Intergrip non-skid. compound  This covered all of the non-skid areas, including hatches and the 3 new hatches that I built.

















Speaking of the new hatches, here is a shot of them in place.  Need to tweak their position before I add the hinges.  I bought some stainless steel hinges that come apart so I can remove the hatches if needed.  This will require me to notch the back of at least one of the hatches, since the arch prevents the lids from opening past about 30 degrees.
I can raise them about 18", which is plenty to fill the gas tank.





Tomorrow, I think I am going to prep the topsides for the paint.  This morning, there was quite a good layer of dew on the boat, so I will definitely need to tarp above the topsides to protect the paint from moisture.  I have taken vacation time off next week since I already have the 4th off, so I am going to take my time with the topside paint.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment