Monday, June 17, 2013

Rub Rail Varnish Continued

After applying my first coat of varnish on the teak rub rail weekend before last, I was able to apply 4 more coats, before I ran out of varnish...More ordered!



Here is a shot after my last coat.  I plan on maybe one more coat of the same varnish and then finish it off with the high gloss varnish final coat.













Another shot later in the day, when the sun was really shining on it!















On Saturday, I started painting the boot stripe, but only got one coat on.  Looks like it will take 1-2 more coats.    I will do that this coming weekend.

After applying the first coat in the morning, I decided to tackle removing the oxidation from the bottom of the hull below the cockpit/salon area.

Photo of the tools of the trade.













This is a shot after my first area.  You can still see the oxidation in the lower portion as comparison.












After work hours this week will be dedicated to sanding the teak cabinetry inside the cabin.  Started today, using my orbital sander.  I will take pictures this week and post next time.  All of my teak plywood and molding is now in, so I can start to pull the inside of the cabin together in the next few weeks.

A reminder if you are going to paint with Interlux Perfection outside, to cover up your work if an overnite dew is expected.  I did a little touch up in the cockpit extra paint left over from my boot stripe, and didn't heed my on advice.  The area that I touched up is flat instead of glossy.


No comments:

Post a Comment