Sunday, November 4, 2012

Outboard Enclosure-Part 3

Pulled the 3 lids out of the mold today.



Here is the mold.  I finally got smart and used caulk in the corners to create a rounded edge.














After 2 layers of mat and 2 layers of fabric, alternating between each layer.
This does not create a structural lid.  I will likely add strips of wood fore and aft to accept hinges and latch.  Likely add stringers and more mat.  People are likely going to walk on it.










The lids were actually too tight to fit.  I ended up cutting about 1/4 inch out of the middle of the middle lid and rejoined it together.













This is shaping up quite nicely.  Although a lot of fairing in my future!

















The lids are approximately 24" wide each.  Should be enough to access the outboards and the fuel tank.












I think I will tackle moving the fuel tank next.  Looking forward to taking Thanksgiving week off from work so I can make more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment