Friday, November 23, 2012

Swell Guard

Don't really have any pictures, but earlier in the week I finished fiberglassing the cabin top by laying the final layer of fabric.  Now I need to hone my skills in fairing.  

In the mean time, I made progress on the "swell guard".



Here is a picture of the swell guard fresh out of the mold.




The other side.


















Use some marine plywood to give it some structural support.



Added a layer of fiberglass.  There are 2 drain holes from the cockpit that will drain onto this and drain out the back, so I need to waterproof this.











 

Dry fit in place.  Fits nice and snug so I will be able to screw it from above from the stern cavity without any assistance!












I need more resin.  I have been through 3- 5 gallon pales of resin so far!  One more should do it.  The boat supply store where I get the vinylester resin was closed today, so for the next couple of days I might start cutting out the port windows in the cockpit and possibly the ones in the hull.  

I also am waiting for the dual engine control to come in so I can start fabricating the mold for the helm station.  That should be the last major fabrication.

No comments:

Post a Comment