Sunday, December 8, 2013

Head Plumbing

Rain on Saturday put a damper on my progress, however today I have made a little more progress on the head plumbing and a couple of other things.



I fiberglassed the backing blocks for the seacocks today.  The Thru-hulls are dry fit in place, but I will remove them to paint the blocks.  I ended up using some scrap Mohagany wood I had for the blocks.  I will just use screws to secure the seacocks to the blocks.






























This photo shows the 3-way valve that I mounted underneath the waste tank shelf.













This photo shows that the 3-way valve is about one to two inches above the waterline.  The waterline mark shown is even with the bottom of the boot stripe.












This is an overhead shot showing the submersible pump. It has a 3/4" discharge that will run to under the sink. You can also see the 1/2"  feed teed of to go up to the sink.  The other white 3/4" will provide gray water from the pump or potable water from the sink to the toilet as an option to the seawater intake.

























This is another side project.  I added an access hatch to the bulkhead that is between the starboard forward locker and the single berth area.  The previous owner installed a freezer/refrigerator to the berth area, which created some unusable space behind it.  This hatch will allow me to access that area.






















This is the space accessible by the hatch. My plan now is to locate the condenser here instead of the storage area beneath the berth.  I also considering adding a wash down pump and locating it here as well.



























This is just an updated photo of the progress on my sole.  I have one small area that needs pin striping.  14 coats of poly on the main cabin sole and 7 coats on the other pieces.  More coats to come.










More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment