Sunday, March 16, 2014

Haul Date is Set!

I have scheduled the haul date for April 11.  The boat will lay over at the shipyard over the weekend and I will sail the boat to Shoreline Marina, about an hour away on Monday, April 14.  I have been continually striking things off of my To Do list.



Last week, I laid a bead of Sikaflex caulk/adhesive between the teak rub rail and the deck, as well as the chain plates.

I also installed the trampoline.  The blue tape was laid to get a nice edge on the Sikaflex I just mentioned.
















Here is a shot from a distance.


















Last Sunday, I started building the swim step.  It is made of plastic lumber.















I used deck screws to fasten the pieces together, building it row by row.
















This is the support structure. Three pieces serve as the ledger and are bolted into the hull.  The 2 stingers are screwed in place.  The left side is a lap joint and screwed to secure.  The right side was shaped to conform to the beam and a machine screw was used to attach.



















Here is the finished product. If you stare at it long enough, you can see the arrow design point forward to build on the American Indian theme.





































The middle piece will be stationary, while the two outside pieces will be removable in order to access the outboard props when they are raised.

The three pieces fit pretty good.  The only way to get them to fit tighter is if I had built it in one piece and then cut it into three pieces.  

I also noticed the the plastic lumber contracts and expands quite a bit.  During the day when it is hot, the fit is tight.  In the evening, the gap between the pieces widens a bit.











Today, I added clam shell vents to the underside of the hull at each of the scuppers.  This will limit the amount of sea water that tends to splash up the scupper and wets the cockpit.




















Today, I also started installing the cabin door.  I will probably finish in the next few days, since day light savings time has given me more time to complete my projects.  I will add pictures on my next post. Next weekend will be devoted to touch up paint and bottom paint.  

Here is my To Do List:

1.  Install Gas Tank / Test Outboards
2.  Install Instruments
3.  Install Sole  Partially complete
4.  Finish Head Cabinetry / Toilet installation
5.  Install Trampoline
6.  Install Swim Deck
7.  Install Door
8.  Apply Bottom Paint / Touch up paint
9.  Final Coats of interior/exterior Varnish 
10.Install 110V wiring and Inverter/Charger.
11.Finish out Starboard Berth Area
12.Install refrigerator compressor.
13.Install LPG tank/tubing

No comments:

Post a Comment