Sunday, April 6, 2014

Last Push!!!

The boat gets hauled to the Shipyard this Friday, so I have taken the week off of work to get as much done as I can.


After work last week, I spent a couple of days painting the interior fiberglass white.  Mostly in the areas you can see when you walk in.  Perhaps this next week I will finish.  I added a piece of molding to the edge of the sole to finish it off.













The weekend prior, I added one coat of bottom paint and a second coat to the upper 2 feet.  I also installed a zink to both skegs and installed the rudders.













I also added the control lines to raise and lower the rudder.  I was able to get an eye splice on the rudder shown.  Then added a cam cleat above to hold the line to keep the rudder down or up.



















I can't imagine the teleflex control cable ever breaking, but I decided that I wanted to add the capability of an emergency tiller.  So I drilled a hole in the rudder stock.












This will allow me to insert a 3/4" diameter aluminum tube to act as a tiller.  I did this to both rudders.


















I also finished the bench seat at the arch.

















On Saturday, I cut out the stern seats using some starboard and installed them on both sides.













In the head, I started framing the waste tank enclosure and will likely continue that this week.  I also did a little work to make sure my bilge pumps are working, since the marina will be checking that before they give me a slip.  

I also got a visit from the outboard mechanic.  He ended up resealing the lower unit.  Evidently when I pulled the lower units out to change the impellors, I busted the gear rod seal and water was mixing with the gear oil. Its always something!  

You can see from my To Do List, I will have a number of projects unaccomplished.  They will just have to wait until later. I am going to concentrate this week on items that will necessitate my power tools.  My next post will probably be after the boat is hauled.


To Do List:

1.  Install Gas Tank / Test Outboards
2.  Install Autohelm/VHF
3.  Install Sole  
4.  Finish Head Cabinetry / Toilet installation
5.  Install Trampoline
6.  Install Swim Deck
7.  Install Door
8.  Apply Bottom Paint / Touch up paint
9.  Final Coats of interior/exterior Varnish 
10.Install 110V wiring and Inverter/Charger.
11.Finish out Starboard Berth Area
12.Install refrigerator compressor.
13.Install LPG tank/hose

No comments:

Post a Comment