Thursday, November 13, 2014

Canvas Projects Continued

I finally got around to finishing several canvas projects and installing them.  I also got my outboards back and installed, so hope to get some time on the water now!



This is the bimini.  Shown is the "bolt rope" and the awning trim it will go through.





















On the other end, I created a pocket to accept a piece of shock cord pole I had laying around.  This side will get strapped to the radar arch.






















The shock cord pole comes apart at two locations so I can fold and stow away the bimini when not in use.






















Like so!



















Here is the awning trim attached to the cabin roof, afixed with SS screws.

















The aft end is secured with 4 adjustable straps.














Here is the helm station cover.  My next canvas project is to make bags for all of those lines hanging on the winches!




















On to the stak pak.  The stak pak is 11 feet long.  I used PVC pipe for the battens, but it comes in 10' lengths.  I used a pop up irrigation extender as a coupling to add an additional 1 foot to the pipe.












Here is the finished stak pak with the lazy jacks.  I need to do a test run before I make the final adjustments.  the back of the stak pak is being held up by tying a piece of line around the topping lift.














I secured the bottom of the stak pak to the boom with these twisty thingys!  I opted to rivet them in place.













One non related item was the purchase of these stanchion cleats for my side board and furler line.














No comments:

Post a Comment