Friday, November 28, 2014

Line Bags and Radar

I finally got around to installing my radar and finished my last canvas project.  Outboards are still an issue :(  I think it has to do with the fuel.  I pulled both carbs today and found some emulsified gas at the bottom of both.  I did get out for a sail last weekend, but had to sail back into the slip since both outboards quit on me.




Here is the pattern for my line bags. I used every last bit of sunbrella I had left from the stak pak project!















I used this material for the back of the bags.  It is more of a vinyl material that should repel water.


















I bought this "ribbon" from Joanne Fabrics to use for the bottom to let water drain from the bag.





















Here is the finished bag showing the bottom.


















I used snaps to hold it in place.  The port side only has 2 lines to hold, so I am using the smaller pocket to hold the winch handle.




















Here is the starboard side.  I have a lot more line here, but it all fits, but I need to reduce the amount of main sheet line.





















I located my radar/chartplotter so I can swing it out to the opened window when under way.















Here is a shot of the radar scanner on the arch.  BTW, the stak pak works pretty good.  I need to work on the slug gate.  Some of the slugs are getting hung up when I raise and lower the main sail.

1 comment:

  1. We had a Raymarine MFD on the same West Marine mount. Ultimately we liked this:
    http://www.westmarine.com/buy/ram-mounts--swing-mount-to-60lb--319154
    connected to this:
    http://www.westmarine.com/buy/ram-mounts--ram-109-1a-swing-arm-mount-6-l-extension-arm--319160
    much better (didn't vibrate).

    ReplyDelete